For more information on the Blaugust Initiative, you can click the link HERE and join in on the fun this month!
YOU GUYS! YOU GUYS! AHHHHHHH
I received my first piece of fan mail a few days ago! WAT?! WHOA NELLY! I received a message in my inbox from a really nice woman who had this to ask (don’t worry Miss; I’ll be sure to keep you anon)
Hello Head Maid Ali,
I hope you don’t mind, but at the behest of my two young daughters they asked that I reach out to you to ask you a few questions. 🙂
First thank you so much for making Pizza Maid! I stumbled across your blog when I was in search of a Culinarian guide for my Midlander in Final Fantasy. I play on Jenova. Sadly I didn’t find a CUL guide from you (but you had mentioned it on your Twitter), but a whole lot more. My youngest daughter took an immediate liking to all the pretty colors of your website and we found ourselves diving a few pages in looking at the pictures in your posts, watching some of the videos you posted, and reading your words. When we found your about me page they were excited at the prospect that maybe you could respond to them. Do you think you can help a fellow gamer Mom?
- Do you really have cat ears in real life? If you do, where do you hide them when you have to go out?
- I saw that you like fairies a lot. Do you think that one day I can be a fairy too?
- You like orange a lot. Pink is my favorite color.
- My mommy plays the game a lot. One day you should come visit us and make a pizza cafe’ where she is. I think we would be good maids.
- You talk about Samochan and Riss a lot. Do they play the game also? Hi Samochan and Riss.
- Why did you want to be a pizza maid? Are they different from other maids?
- What’s your favorite topping on pizza? I eat mine plain but sometimes I like pepperonis.
- Which Tamagotchi are you going to get? I voted for you to get the purple jewel one.
Keep up the great work!
Midlander Mom (and kids) from Jenova
First off? THANK YOU SO MUCH. When I read the message I was in utter disbelief because… well I’m just me! A simple little catgirl in Eorzea so to receive this message I was sincerely touched. Thank you to you and your daughters for reaching out. ❤
Secondly? Now that I know that I have little chibis following Pizza Maid? I’ll be mindful of my choice of words as well. I may be a proud member of the Maelstrom, but I can mind my tongue when spewing some sailor’s words every now and then! 🙂
And lastly? ANSWERS! I’ve got them!
1) Do I have cat ears in real life? Well… I might! In real life this is actually what I look like:
Amidst all that hair and curls, there’s a very strong possibility I might keep my catgirl ears tucked away in those tresses! Hehe.
2) I do indeed think that you can be a fairy! I think anyone can be a fairy ^_^. It’s not so much about appearance, but more about how you feel and how much you like to help others. From all the stories I used to read as a young tot and even now fairies are pint sized bursts of happiness. Fairies want to help folks in their time of need, and above all help make everyone’s day a little brighter! I think that a smile speaks volumes so strap on a smile so others can smile with you. Let Mom and Dad and your sister know how much you love them by telling them a funny joke. Be kind to those around you and I think you’re well on your way to becoming the best fairy (or fairies!) on this side of the realm!
3) Hehe… I do like orange a lot! It’s pretty noticeable, huh? Hee hee 😀
4) You know… I think that’s a really awesome idea! Sometimes life might get a little busy for this Head Maid, but I’m going to make a point to visit Jenova sometime soon. It would be a pleasure to meet you all over a slice of some tomato pies! 🙂
5) Haha! I do talk about Samochan and Riss a lot. They’re two very important people in my life and are some of nicest folks with the biggest hearts ever! Unfortunately Riss does not play but I send her updates about XIV all the time, but Samochan does! He plays a strong, but cuddly Roegadyn on Faerie with me! You can see his fashion tastes are excellent HERE ^_^
6) Now THAT is a great question. Funny enough I didn’t choose the Pizza Maid life; the Pizza Maid life chose me 🙂 . Before the blog started, the only thing about me that really stuck out with friends was that I was an “okay” healer (and that’s being generous) and that I had created my private house in game into a pizza cafe’ so that I had a place where friends and my FC family could stop by for a meal and share a few laughs. Once I decided to create the blog, I wanted a funny name that represented me. It was my friend Shinryu that suggested “pizzamaid.moe” and really it just took off from there. Are we any different from other maids? I think we’re all pretty much alike. Our goal is to super serve the needs and requests of folks who come through our door, and above all else? Have them leaving with a full stomach and a smile. ^_^
7) My favorite topping on pizza? Ohh… do I have to choose one! Haha. If I had to choose it would be garlic. Garlic doesn’t smell the greatest, but it tastes amazing on a yummy slice. Plus garlic is known to help people sleep better. So… I may be sleeping alone, but sleeping really well.
8) Oh thanks for asking! I should’ve mentioned that in a previous blog post but there was a winner! At month’s end I’ll be ordering the lovely Tamagotchi P Melody Land set! I’ll be sure to make a post or video about it once it arrives!
Thanks so much for reaching out! ❤